Student Support Services at the Center for Human Enrichment (CHE) offers holistic
advising, mentoring, and instructional support for first-generation students transferring
to UNC. We have transfer students currently in our program that have come to us from
various community colleges or other four-year institutions.
CHE services available to program-eligible transfer students include:
- Assigned CHE peer advisor, typically a transfer student who understands the adjustments you need to make. The peer advisor works closely with the CHE participant from the time they transferred to UNC until they graduate.
- Comprehensive advising that complements your major advisor (CHE Advising).
- Individualized mentoring to support a successful transition into the UNC community.
- Assistance with identifying and selecting additional academic and support services.
- Targeted advising to support major and/or career exploration processes.
- Assistance with understanding and navigating financial aid applications.
- Specific programming that provides students with skills and knowledge to assist them in successfully entering their post-graduate and/or professional careers.
If you are interested in applying to the CHE/SSS program, then under Future Students you can learn about the eligibility requirements and download the application.