Faculty Advisory Council
The Undergraduate Academic Engagement ("U-Engage") Faculty Advisory Council ("FAC”) includes faculty who provide leadership and feedback on curriculum and programming for the Honors Program, McNair Scholars Program and Office of Undergraduate Research. The FAC provides feedback and guidance in developing and revising the curriculum requirements and new courses for programs that are housed in Undergraduate Academic Engagement.
The U-Engage FAC is chaired by the Schulze Chair for Honors and Interdisciplinary Studies
The FAC will:
- Review curriculum for Undergraduate Academic Engagement, recommending updates and revisions as necessary to maintain the effectiveness of the Program and meet program goals.
- Provide counsel and assistance to the Schulze Chair for Honors and Interdisciplinary Studies and to the Executive Director of Undergraduate Academic Engagement regarding to the development and recruitment of faculty, academic, and curricular resources in support of the program.
- Review curriculum changes proposed by the Schulze Chair, who will then forward the curriculum changes through the Undergraduate Council.
- Promote Undergraduate Academic Engagement, including: Honors Program, McNair Scholars Program, Office of Undergraduate Research, Interdisciplinary Studies: Student Designed Major, ROTC and National Scholarships & Fellowships.
- Further the mission of Undergraduate Academic Engagement.
- Participate in Undergraduate Academic Engagement events.
The membership is comprised of at least 10 members, generally including the following:
- Schulze Chair for Honors & Interdisciplinary Studies
- One representative from the University Libraries
- The editor of the Undergraduate Research Journal
- At least one current or recent Honors course instructor
- Representatives from each College (CEBS, HSS, PVA, NHS, MCB) - which may overlap with any of the above positions.
- McNair Scholars Director and Assistant Director/Instrucor
- Executive Director for Undergraduate Academic Engagement
Terms of membership are generally three years, and are renewable.
Meetings are held at least once per semester. Sub-committees and task forces are formed as needed, and may meet more frequently, typically once per month.
Current Faculty Advisory Council 2023-24
- Corinne Wieben, Schulze Chair for Honors & Interdisciplinary Studies
- Brianne Markowski, University Libraries
- Michael Kimball, College of Humanities and Social Sciences; HON200 & HON395 Instructor (on sabbatical FA23)
- George Junne, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Isaac Wanasika, Monfort College of Business
- Stephen Mackessy, College of Natural and Health Sciences
- Angela Vaughan, College of Education and Behavioral Sciences; Coordinator of UNIV101 Curriculum
- Janice Dickensheets; College of Performing and Visual Arts; Editor of Undergraduate Research Journal
- Jordan Garcia; McNair Instructor/Advisor
- Krista Caufman, McNair Scholars Director
- U-Engage Student representation: Madison Gremillion, Office of Undergraduate Research Coordinator, NHS Student