Jump to main content

Funding & Costs

Graduate Education at the University Northern Colorado is affordable and numerous resources exist to help you fund your education.

All nonresident, US citizens are eligible to become residents of Colorado after one year in the program. International students are classified as nonresidents during their entire degree programs. The cost of the program varies considerably for residents and nonresidents.

Visit UNC's Costs website to learn more.


UNC offers research, teaching and administrative assistantships available in most academic programs and in some campus administrative departments. If you're interested in an assistantship, ask your advisor about opportunities in your program. Learn more here.

UNC Universal Scholarship Application

All admitted professional counseling students should fill out a UNC Universal Scholarship Application to be considered for scholarships and fellowships. Once the application is submitted students will be considered on an annual basis if they meet the minimum qualifications. The application is available through Ursa on the “Financial” tab. You must have a Bear number in order to apply.

Western Regional Graduate Program

Residents of one of the 15 participating states are eligible to enroll in available programs outside of their home state at resident tuition rates.

The professional counseling master of arts degrees are in the Western Regional Graduate Program. 

Learn more about WRGP programs.

Office of Financial Aid 

The Office of Financial Aid connects you  to financial solutions such as Grants, Scholarships, Student Employment and loans.

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA*) by the March 1 priority date to be considered for the maximum amount of financial aid. If you miss the March 1 deadline, you should still submit a FAFSA as soon as possible.

UNC’s Federal School Code: 001349.