Content of this page (to Program Cohorts) is presented by Shana Gibbs in American Sign Language.
Upon successful completion of the 9-month IRIS: CORE Initiative, participants will be invited to further their development via the IRIS Induction experience. This 150-hour hybrid (onsite and online) learning environment provides IRIS participants with the foundation and tools needed for continued self-directed and lifelong learning. This experience focuses on two primary ideas: (1) participants’ connection to this work and (2) enhancing participants' employability toolkit.
Throughout the IRIS Induction, participants will experience the following:
- Completion of an interpreting self-analysis including various work sample submissions;
- Development of an interpreting portfolio including an updated resume and work samples;
- Connections with local rural deaf communities;
- Building autonomous professional relationships with interpreting organizations;
- Engagement of at least 10 hours of interpreting observation over video; and
- Attendance at synchronous sessions focused on the task of interpreting.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Sustain a network of support with other rural interpreters;
- Construct an up-to-date portfolio to enhance their employability as interpreters;
- Integrate contemporary ethical business practices; and
- Differentiate interpreting product apart from the person via an Integrated Model of Interpreting framework.
The IRIS Project recognizes the hard work and dedication of the participants who have successfully completed* the Induction program. To search for qualified interpreters, visit the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) website.
*Successful completion does not provide endorsement of the participant's language fluency or skills as an interpreter.
by first name; NOTE: 1st column is first names starting with A-D, 2nd column is J-K, 3rd column is L-R, and 4th column is S-T.
- Amy Richardson
- Byron Oakes
- Darren Reed
- Dawn Tomlinson
- Jordon Oswald
- Kayla Perez
- Kesha Trotter
- Kris Courson
- Laurie Walcott
- Paige King
- Pamela Bailey
- Terri J. Brown