Lactation stations are open and available for use throughout campus. Each lactation station will be cleaned daily by our campus facility maintenance staff and disinfecting wipes will be provided.
Resources for lactation support:
- UNC Lactation Support Program Facebook
- United Way - Weld County
- Northern Colorado Breastfeeding Resources
- Mother's Milk Bank - Rocky Mountain Children's Health Foundation
- Baby Café - Rocky Mountain Children's Health Foundation
- Mother's Milk Bank Facebook - Rocky Mountain Children's Health Foundation
- Northern Colorado Breastfeeding Coalition
- Northern Colorado Breastfeeding Coalition Facebook
- Colorado WIC - Home Page
- Colorado WIC - Find a Clinic
- Colorado WIC Facebook
The University of Northern Colorado recognizes the importance and benefits of breastfeeding/chestfeeding and human milk for both the individual breastfeeding, chestfeeding, and/or lactating and their children, and in promoting a family-friendly work and study environment. As a UNC community member, you will be glad to know that we have many options to support folks who decide to continue to express their milk upon return to work and/or school. This initiative is sponsored by the Center for Women's & Gender Equity and the Department of Nutrition & Dietetics.
We are proud to announce UNC received the Breastfeeding Friendly Business Award from Weld County Public Health and Environment! Awards are given to businesses that develop creative solutions to support breastfeeding/chestfeeding mothers and employees.