Become a Member
Through membership in the Friends of UNC Libraries, you collaborate with other similarly committed individuals whose dedication to lifelong learning for all requires the very best of resources, programming, and access envisioned by the professional, technical, and support staff of the UNC Libraries. The Friends of UNC Libraries brochure provides more information and membership rates.
The Friends of the UNC Libraries offers many opportunities for participation. Membership benefits include:
- Invitations to special events, such as art exhibits/receptions, luncheons, special speakers, etc.
- Meetings and special programs featuring lectures, book reviews, and talks by authors and scholars throughout the year.
- Access to Library Letters, official newsletter of the UNC Libraries.
- Newsflash, the Friends' newsletter.
- Voting privileges at membership meetings.
- Volunteer opportunities.
The Friends of the UNC Libraries offers many opportunities for participation. As a member of the Friends organization you can:
- Serve at receptions and other events.
- Assist at exhibits by authors, artists, and special collectors.
- Prepare special brochures about the Libraries and the Friends organizations.
- Contribute time, talent and energy to friend-raising and fund-raising activities.
- Extend an invitation to membership to all persons interested in the purposes of the Friends organization.
In 2016, the Friends established an endowed fund through the UNC Foundation. Once the fund has been fully endowed (at $25,000), the principal will remain invested through the UNC Foundation in perpetuity, with interest available each year to the UNC Libraries for enhancement of their programs, collections, and facilities on behalf of the Friends. More information on donating to the fund will be available soon.
Archives & Special Collections
Reserve Rooms & Equipment
Schedule Library Instruction
Request a Purchase
Give to the Libraries
Ask a Librarian
Skinner Music Library