Excellence in Advising and Service Award
- Directs or takes major responsibility for internal planning, development and governance activities which demonstrably enhance the quality, vitality, or mission of the University.
- Exhibits a major leadership role with respect to service efforts having a significant impact on the quality or vitality of the community or society.
- Exhibits a major leadership role with respect to the quality, vitality and role of the profession or discipline at the state, regional, or national levels.
- Creative efforts (concerts, recitals, performances, exhibits, recordings, films, displays, readings, etc.) which contribute in a significant way to the cultural life outside the institution and community.
- Consistently exceeds unit expectations/requirements with respect to advising students.
Guidelines for Supporting Materials
The following lists are intended as guidelines for submitting materials in support of nominations for college awards. They are not intended to be all-inclusive or restrictive. Nominees for college awards are encouraged to submit those materials that present the most accurate, accessible, and conclusive evidence of merit for the each award. All nominees are requested to submit a 1-2 page narrative summarizing how your teaching, scholarship, or service addresses the relevant criteria. Nominees should also update their CV in Digital Measures by the submission deadline in addition to submitting their supporting materials electronically. The materials submitted should not exceed 2 to 3 pieces of evidence per award.
The following supporting materials (in addition to others) may be submitted for review by the Awards Committee. (Nominees are not required to submit all materials listed – only 2 to 3 pieces of evidence.)
- Letter(s) from students, peers, public and community service partners
- Evidence of service-related contributions to the quality of life outside the institution
- Other recognitions received for service or advising
- Include in narrative:
- Statement of philosophy on service and/or on student advising
- Under statement of philosophy on service and/or on student advising include:
- Description of internal planning, development, and governance activities – in narrative
- Description of leadership role with respect to the profession or discipline at the state, regional, or national level