Graduate Faculty Status/Doctoral Research Endorsement
The Graduate School has encountered difficulties using Digital Measures and is suspending
its use for the GF and GF/DRE application process until further notice.
Faculty members must complete and email the following electronic documents to their department chair or school director:
- GF or DRE/GF Application
- UNC Curriculum Vitae
- DRE applications must also include PDFs of only the first page of three publications.
Department chair or school director: Please digitally sign (Adobe Verified signature preferred) and send to your college dean.
The college dean will then forward the application to Carol Steward at Carol.Steward@unco.edu in the Graduate School.
Also, any full-time faculty member or qualified administrator holding graduate faculty status is eligible to serve on doctoral committees. Those who serve as research advisors must have the additional doctoral research endorsement (DRE) and must attend the DRE workshop.
Thesis and Dissertation Specialist
Tips for the Successful Completion of PDF Forms
- Please do not print, hand write/sign forms or use DocuSign or AdobeSign. This removes the digital completion components.
- Download PDF documents and save them. Open with Adobe Acrobat to complete forms. Do not fill out forms in a browser or Mac Preview.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free at the Adobe website.
- All faculty need to sign using Adobe Verified Signatures on the same form. (Follow in-app prompts to set up faculty signatures.) Save after each person signs.
Applications and Guidelines
- Application for Graduate Faculty (GF)
- Instructions and Application for Graduate Faculty Equivalence (GFE)
- Application for Doctoral Research Endorsement (DRE)
- Application for Retired Graduate Faculty
- Clinical Graduate Faculty Appointment/Reappointment
- Graduate Lecturer Appointment Form
- Request to Maintain Graduate Faculty Status after Leaving UNC
- Graduate Faculty Guidelines
- Curriculum Vita Template
Professional development is required for Graduate Faculty or Doctoral Research Endorsement applicants. Please email Carol Steward at Carol.Steward@unco.edu with the date and training you prefer to attend.
Graduate Faculty Training
First-time and renewing applicants. 60-minute live Zoom workshop.
- Friday, Sept. 9, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 7, 11 a.m.–noon
Doctoral Research Endorsement (DRE) workshops
Required for faculty who serve as research advisors for doctoral students and strongly recommended for faculty advising master's thesis students. Those applying for GF/DRE this fall must complete this 75-minute workshop on doctoral processes and best practices in advising.
- Wednesday, Sept. 7, 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 28, 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 7, 1-2:15 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 10, 1-2:15 p.m.