Fall 2023 Commencement
It’s time to celebrate our graduating students and their achievements at the University of Northern Colorado. Whether you’re a graduate, guest or faculty member, find all you need to know to be prepared for commencement, including a full schedule of ceremonies, programs, parking information and more.
Schedule of Ceremonies
Friday, December 8: Graduate Commencement
- 6 p.m.
- Doctoral, Specialist and Masters students
- 6 p.m.
Saturday, December 9: Undergraduate Commencement
- 9 a.m.
- Kenneth W. Monfort College of Business
- College of Natural and Health Sciences
- College of Performing and Visual Arts
- 12:30 p.m.
- College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 9 a.m.
UNC offers the commencement program in both English and Spanish translations. Use the buttons below to access the program of your chosen language.
Must Know Info
- ALL Guest entrance doors will close at the start of the ceremony to allow space for the graduates to enter the arena. Guests will be held in the lobby until the graduate procession is completed. Please plan to arrive early to avoid missing your graduate walking in.
- All Ceremonies will take place inside the Bank of Colorado Arena
- Tickets are required for entry into the Bank of Colorado Arena. Visit the ticket section for more info.
- Doors open one hour prior to each ceremony.
- Accessible seating is available for all ceremonies. Contact the Disability Resource Center with any questions you may have by phone 970-351-2289 or email DRC@unco.edu. The first row of arena seating is reserved in compliance with ADA guidelines.
- ASL interpretation is available at all UNC commencement ceremonies.
- UNC is proud to offer live Spanish-language interpretation. Assistive listening devices can be checked out inside the lobby of the Bank of Colorado Arena.
- The Champions Room (105) is a family-friendly space located inside the Bank of Colorado where ticketed guests can enjoy a livestream of the ceremony in a quieter setting.
Tickets are required for entry.
Tickets are required for guests to attend the Commencement Ceremonies. Graduating students do not require a ticket. Tickets are assigned to specific ceremonies, are general admission and valid for one guest per ticket. Tickets are issued at no charge and sale of tickets is prohibited. Tickets will be distributed to graduates electronically via BearMail accounts. Guests must obtain tickets from their graduates in advance of the ceremony.
Tickets will not be available at the ceremony entrance door.
- In order to request tickets, a student must first submit their application for graduation. Students who are eligible to graduate this semester, will receive an email with instructions from the Registrar (undergraduate students) or the Graduate School (graduate students).
- Graduating students may submit a request to claim up to 6 tickets prior to the October 25 deadline. After this date, availability of additional tickets will be determined based on the total number of tickets requested compared to the seating capacity of the venue.
- Students who apply for graduation after the Wednesday, October 25 deadline will still need to request tickets through the link they receive in their BearMail. While UNC will make every effort to ensure ticket availability for all graduating students, guest tickets cannot be guaranteed if requested after the October 25 deadline.
- If additional tickets are available following the October 25 initial ticket request deadline, graduating students will receive an email on October 30 with instructions for requesting additional tickets and the total tickets remaining for their ceremony. Additional tickets may be requested until all remaining tickets are claimed.
- For students who apply for graduation after October 25, they will receive a ticket request email when their application is reported from Registrar/Graduate School to University Events. Once the student completes the request form, the informaiton will be reported to the Ticket Office and the student will receive a confirmation email.
- Graduating students will receive an email when there are no remaining tickets available for their ceremony.
Students who have applied to graduate will receive ceremony ticket information in their BearMail account on September 25. The email will include a link and instructions to claim their requested guest tickets by the initial ticket deadline: Wednesday, October 25 11:59 p.m. MDT.
Please visit the Commencement FAQ page for more details.
Ticketing Timeline (Updated 11/9)
- September 25: Ticket request details emailed to students who have applied for graduation
- October 25: Deadline for ticket request with initial ticket allotment of up to 6 tickets/grad
- October 30: Availability of additional tickets communicated (Dependent on number of tickets requested by October 25 deadline)
- November 5 (11:59 pm MT): Deadline to request additional tickets, IF AVAILABLE
- November 6 - 9: Ticket requests closed as guests tickets are transferred to student accounts
- November 10: Individual allocation of tickets communicated to students
- November 17: Digital tickets released to students; Tickets will continue to be released as they are entered into the system for later requests, assuming availability
- December 6 (11:59 pm MT): Final ticket request deadline; Any ticket requests after this deadline are not guaranteed and should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970.351.4849 directly
SAVE THE DATE FOR
SPRING 2024 COMMENCEMENT:
May 3 - 4, 2024
Information regarding spring ceremony times and ticketing information will be published in January. Regalia rental and student speaker applications will open in February.