Jump to main content

Your Account

  • Statement of Financial Responsibility

    The Statement of Financial Responsibility is an agreement between the University of Northern Colorado and you, covering your student account with us. You, by or allowing charges to be applied to your student account, will be bound by this agreement.

  • Holds

    Students owing $1000 or less will be able to register for the interim and/or spring term.  For all other terms there is a $200 threshold for registration.

    Please contact the Bursar's Office at 970-351-4UNC (option 3) or bursar@unco.edu.

    Under Colorado State Law HB22-1049 'CONCERNING PROHIBITING A POSTSECONDARY INSTITUTION FROM MAKING PAYMENT OF AN OUTSTANDING BALANCE ON A STUDENT'S ACCOUNT A CONDITION OF ISSUING THE STUDENT'S DOCUMENTS. Students may request an official transcript be released for one of the reasons listed below.

    • Job application
    • Applying for state, federal or institutional financial aid
    • Pursuit of opportunities in the military or national guard
    • Pursuit of other post secondary opportunities
    • Transferring to another post secondary institution

    For additional information on obtaining an official transcript under Colorado State Law HB22-1049 please call the Office of the Bursar at 970-351-4862, option 3.

    Please note:

    • HB22-1049 does not apply to foreign/international students. Any foreign/international students with questions should call the Office of the Bursar at 970-351-4862, option 3
    • HB22-1049 does not apply to students who have holds for other than tuition debts (ex:room/board).
    • Students with holds related to conduct matters from the Dean of Students, Title IX Coordinator, CARE Team, etc. must contact the respective office to resolve such matters prior to an official transcript and/or diploma being released.
  • Direct deposit, wire transfer

    You may elect to have direct deposit set up for payroll deposits or student account refunds. Once you have completed the Direct Deposit Authorization Form, please return it to the proper office listed on the bottom of the Authorization Form. 

    UNC does accept wire transfers. Please contact us at 970-351-4UNC (option 3) or email bursar@unco.edu for routing information. 

    Per the Department of Education Regulations, all Universities are required to post copies of any contractual relationships with financial institutions that provide services to students. Per these regulations, the following links will provide a copy of the current contract between Wells Fargo Bank and the University of Northern Colorado, account disclosure information, and contractual history.


  • Health insurance

    If you are an undergraduate student taking 9 or more credit hours or a degree-seeking graduate student taking 6 or more credit hours, you are required to have full coverage health insurance. You will automatically be charged for the UNC Student Health Insurance Plan and the cost will be added to your UNC student bill.

    You have the option to waive out of the plan by completing the online insurance waiver showing proof of comparable coverage prior to the deadline, which is always the 10th day of classes each semester. Non-payment of the insurance DOES NOT waive the insurance; you must complete the waiver process.

    To complete the waiver or obtain more information, please visit the Student Health Insurance Program website or contact their office at 970-351-1915.

  • Third party billing

    Third party billing is when an entity pays educational expenses on behalf of a non-related student when billed by the University.

    Third party billing done by the Bursar's Office includes, but is not limited to:

    • Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
    • ROTC
    • National Guard
    • Military Tuition Assistance
    • Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
    • Foreign governments or universities

    A letter of authorization is required to be sent to the University each semester. The authorization should state the name of the student, name of the sponsor, the dollar amount the sponsor will pay and what expenses the sponsor will pay (tuition, housing, dining, fees, etc). The authorization may be faxed to 970-351-1078, emailed to bursar@unco.edu or mailed to UNC Bursar, Campus Box 14, Greeley, CO 80639.

    Invoices are sent to sponsors after the University census date for fall and spring semesters and after July 1st for the summer semester.

    Please contact the Bursar's Office at 970-351-4UNC (option 3) or busar@unco.edu with any questions.

  • 1098T

    Your 1098T form is available through your Ursa, Financial Tab. If you are not a current student or need a paper copy of your 1098T, please complete the 1098T request form and return to our office as indicated on the form.

  • Collections

    We Are Here to Assist You!

    If you have received notice that your Perkins Loan or your University Tuition Account is in default and has been forwarded to University Collections, it is imperative that you contact the Collections Office. We can help with repayment options.

    If your account is in default, you cannot register for classes or receive your transcripts or diploma. 


    For student accounts, please contact: 

    970-351-4UNC (option 3)

    Campus Commons
    Bursar's Office
    1051 22nd St. 
    Greeley, CO 80639

    For Perkins Loans, please contact:

    Debbie Hatch