Literacy Master of Arts
Earn your Literacy master’s degree at the only institution in Colorado authorized to award a Master of Arts degree focused entirely on literacy. The online delivery provides a convenient, flexible format for working professionals, UNC’s Literacy M.A. program provides the skills to be a more effective classroom teacher and school leader.
At UNC, you’re part of one of the top education programs in the nation. We are designated as the primary institution for teacher education in the state of Colorado and rank fifth in teacher candidate graduates in the United States.
Learn more about our
Time to Completion:
5 Terms (20 months)
While many colleges and universities offer a mix of generalist core classes and some literacy classes, our program is made up entirely of literacy courses.
Consider UNC’s M.A. in Literacy if you:
- Are a practicing elementary or secondary school teacher
- Want to earn your master’s degree in a convenient online program.
- Methods and techniques for teaching literacy skills to students grades K-12
- How to direct reading and literacy programs, staff development and curriculum development at the school level
- How to serve as a literacy coach to classroom teachers
- Language, Literacy and Cognitive Development
- Teaching the Writing Process in Schools
- Literature for Children, Adolescents and Young Adults
- Reading in the Middle and Secondary Schools
- Reading Research
- Clinical Practicum in Literary Coaching
Ready for what's next? Here's what you need to know.
If there's anything else we can do, be sure to connect with us. We're only a shout away.