A Program That’s Not Business as Usual
Get ready for a different kind of educational experience at the first and only business college to earn the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award from the Office of the President of the United States. We are student-focused, cutting-edge and one hundred percent dedicated to preparing you for career success.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration in an AACSB International accredited program, a certification of excellence in business education that less than five percent of business schools in the world have achieved.
- Get real-world business experience and career preparation working with local businesses through our Professional Experience program and networking events with area business leaders.
- Work in small classes alongside award-winning faculty comprised of experienced executives and practicing business professionals.
- Gain valuable insights into business and ethics from guest speakers who are some of the world’s most influential business leaders.
- Join our nationally recognized student club, Beta Alpha Psi, and take part in diverse student and experiential learning opportunities.
B.S. in Business Administration General Business
The General Business emphasis is designed to prepare students for a broad range of entry-level positions in business organizations. This program is appropriate for students intending to manage a family-owned or small business. Students complete coursework in each of the functional areas of business: accounting, finance, computer information systems, management and marketing. The General Business Concentration is designed to prepare students for a broad range of entry-level positions in business organizations. The program is not intended to provide specialized study. The broad-based nature of the curriculum makes the General Business program appropriate for students intending to manage a family-owned or small business.
Business Administration Minor
Gain basic business knowledge you need to succeed in almost any business career, with courses covering accounting, computer information systems, finance, management and marketing.
"Being a student at MCB has made all the difference for me because the college excels in all areas of business instead of just one. The class sizes are small enough to get to know your professors and other students, which makes learning all the more impactful. My professors are always willing to work with me so that I fully understand the material, instead of just forcing me to memorize it. Becoming a General Business student at UNC was the best choice I ever made."
- Sarah Miller, Class of 2016
We’re dedicated to preparing students for a competitive job market. Our business graduates regularly score in the top five to 10 percent on the national Educational Testing Service Major Field Test in Business, which assesses core business knowledge.
Consider UNC’s B.S. in General Business if you:
- Have an interest in entrepreneurship or managing a small business
- Want to gain a broad background in business fundamentals
- Excel in small classes with one-on-one mentorship
- A broad understanding of accounting, finance, computer information systems, management and marketing
- How to manage a small or family-owned business
- Legal and ethical facets of business operations
- Management of Organizations
- Business Administration and the Law
- Global Marketing Strategies
- Organizational Behavior
- Financial Management
- Managing New Business Ventures
As the global business environment becomes increasingly complex, there is a growing need for talented business managers. When you complete your bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Management Concentration) at UNC, you’ll be ready for entry-level management positions in business, not-for-profit organizations and government. The management emphasis also prepares you to pursue an MBA or other master’s degree programs.
Where can your degree take you?
Gaining solid business management skills, as part of the accredited Business Administration bachelor’s degree program at UNC, will provide the foundation for a wide range of professional roles, including:
- Account manager
- Financial analyst
- Human resource manager
- Marketing manager
- Retail manager
- Sales manager
- Small business owner
Ready for what's next? Here's what you need to know.
If there's anything else we can do, be sure to connect with us. We're only a shout away.