Lambda Theta Alpha
Lambda Theta Alpha was the first sorority of its kind. The pioneering actions of the sorority’s Founding Mothers have allowed independent women on campus to feel a sense of belonging, while providing a space to achieve their highest academic and professional potential. As a result, Lambda Theta Alpha has come to define a new role for the universal woman – one with education, goals and vision in hope of great success.
The purpose of Lambda Theta Alpha is to provide a sisterhood based on unity, love and respect in an effort to foster the development of strong leaders who will then provide and practice political, social and cultural activities. It shall also be the purpose of Lambda Theta Alpha to promote unity through charitable and educational programs, maintain a higher standard of learning and serve as a voice for all students.
There are 173 Undergraduate Chapters and 29 Alumnae Chapters Nationwide. We're the first Latin Sorority in the entire nation, and we pride ourselves on our diversity.
- Mottos: "Latin by Tradition, not by Definition" "Universal Women. Redefining Sisterhood." "Women there are Many, Ladies there are Few."
- Principles: Unity, Love, and Respect
- Goals: Scholarly excellence, empowerment of the universal woman, political & cultural awareness, and community activism
- Founded: December 1, 1975 at Kean University
- Founded at UNC: Zeta Chi Chapter - April 15, 2017
- National Philanthropy: St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital
- Chapter Philanthropy: UNC Bear Pantry
- Colors: Burgundy and Grey
- Symbol: Perla, Palma, Concha, Luna, Dama
- Nicknames: Lambda Ladies, Lovely Lambda Ladies, LTAs
- Website: Lambda Theta Alpha
- Chapter Instagram: @lta_zetachi