Kappa Delta Chi
Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, Inc. was Chartered on April 21, 2018 at the University of Northern Colorado by the Elysian Eleven: Yesica Arce Mendez, Brenda Chairez-Moreno, Tania Gallegos, Kimberly Guzman, Maria Piceno, Lucy Ruiz, Celeste Nerey, Andrea Valdez-Bringas, Mayra Mercado, Jasmine Sandoval Gutierrez, and Gabriela Vargas Zacarias.
The Purpose of Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, Inc. (KDChi) is to promote the values of Unity, Honesty, Integrity and Leadership among women at colleges and universities. KDChi hosts numerous service events, sisterhood retreats, and academic and cultural workshops throughout the year at their university. Through the hard work and dedication of all its members, Kappa Delta Chi is now one of the strongest Latina-based sororities in the country, and is proud to have the reputation of the most powerful network among Latina leaders. Prestigious to be the first of its kind in the Southwest, KDChi currently holds chapters in seven regions, 14 states and more than 40 institutions of higher education. Kappa Delta Chi also brings a rich tradition of excellence to the institutions where they reside. KDChi boasts an average grade point average of 2.95 nationally and provides more than 40,000 hours of community service annually to our communities.
- Mottos: "Leading with Integrity, United Through Service"
- Values: Unity, Honesty, Integrity, and Leadership
- Founded: April 6, 1987 at Texas Tech University
- Chartered at UNC: April 21, 2018
- Recognized as a Chapter: November 8, 2020
- National Philanthropy: American Cancer Society
- Service Initiative: Homelessness and Food Insecurity
- Colors: Pink and Maroon
- Mascot: Penguin
- Nicknames: KDChis
- Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat:@kdchi_unco