Alpha Sigma Alpha
Joining Alpha Sigma Alpha (ASA) at UNC is a decision that will have a positive impact on your life forever. ASA means having a sisterhood of support during your college years and beyond. Sisters become a valuable support system away from home that provides friendship, study support, social activities, academic support, and a connection that continues beyond college. Becoming a member is a life changing experience!
ASA provides an opportunity to develop as a leader within the sisterhood and the UNC community. Joining committees, attending meetings, and learning the ASA way of life enrich sisters’ lives in many ways. ASA is committed to giving back to the community through fun events with Special Olympics such as bowling and basketball tournaments where sisters share the love with Special Olympians. We also partner with other Greek organizations to serve the UNC community and beyond.
- Motto: Aspire, Seek, Attain
- Founded: November 15, 1901 in Farmville, Virginia at Longwood College
- Founded at UNC: February 19, 1916
- Colors: Crimson and Pearl White
- Symbols: Star, Crown, Palm Tree, Phoenix
- Philanthropy: Alpha Sigma Alpha Foundation, Girls on the Run, and Special Olympics
- Local Philanthropy: Weld County Food Bank
- Chapter House Address: 1729 10th Ave.
- Website: Alpha Sigma Alpha Local Chapter
- Chapter Instagram: