The Faculty of Color Community Network aims to foster a greater sense of community and mutual support among faculty of color while enhancing inclusivity at the University. This Network is created as an informal forum while providing an opportunity for interacting and forming cross-disciplinary connections. This is not a committee or working group; instead, this group's purpose is intended for faculty of color to gather with each other and discuss issues that impact faculty of color on our campus.
- To foster cross-disciplinary faculty of color dialogue by encouraging faculty to connect around timely and perennial questions.
- To serve as an effective means of bringing faculty of color throughout the University to discuss and explore common questions and issues pertinent to communities of color.
- To institutionalize the opportunity for current and new faculty to meet UNC faculty of color. Additionally, candidates applying for UNC faculty positions can also meet with this group if requested during interviews.
- To provide an environment for faculty of color to opt-in to mentoring with a more senior faculty member who can help orient them and strategize around issues particular to faculty of color.
- To create connections and support outside the department that go beyond social groups.
- To create access to President Feinstein and provide him perspective from your professional community of practice.
The following dates have been established for the remainder of the semester:
- Wednesday, January 27: 3:30-5:00
- Tuesday, February 16: 3:00-4:30
- Thursday, March 25: 3:00-4:30
- Thursday, April 22: 3:00-4:30