University of Northern Colorado
Campus Box 98
Greeley, CO 80639
Ph.D. - Ohio State University (Physical Chemistry)
B.A. - University of Colorado at Boulder (Chemistry)
Research/Areas of Interest
As a Physical Chemist, I have a broad range of interests and responsibilities. Most
recently, I have worked with several graduate and undergraduate students doing some
molecular modeling and kinetics research on organic compounds. I also participate
in the development of novel Physical Chemistry education projects and in program evaluations.
- With Sheldon Miller, “The AP Chemistry Course Audit: A Fertile Ground for identifying
and addressing misconceptions about the class”, Journal of Chemical Education, 91, 1362, (2014).
- With Kimberly A.O. Pacheco, “A First Year Experience Course on Nanoscience for Undergraduates”,
Journal of Nanoscience Education, 6, 148, (2014).
- With Youngjin Song, “An Inquiry-based Approach to Teach the Spherical Earth Model
to Pre-Service Teachers using the Global Positioning System (GPS), Journal of College Science Teaching, 42, 51 (2013).
- “Who is catching up with whom? Internationalization of science education”, Journal of College Science Teaching, 41, 10-11 (2012).
- With Robin T. Macaluso, “A data-driven exercise to help students understand relationships
between periodic trends and Zeff”, Virtual Inorganic Pedagogical Electronic Resource (accepted and posted, May,