Borrow Materials from University Libraries
Michener Library: 970-351-2671, email@example.com
Skinner Music Library: 970-351-2439, firstname.lastname@example.org
Check Out Materials
University student, faculty, or staff I.D. cards are used as library cards. Colorado state residents can apply for a borrower's card.
How Long You Can Keep Items
Books (including K-12 and Youth), Government Publications, Maps, Music Scores
These items vary by borrower:
- UNC students: 1 semester, with 2 renewals possible
- UNC faculty/staff: 1 semester, with unlimited renewals possible
- Non-UNC (NUNC) patrons: 4 weeks, with 2 renewals possible
Journals, Magazines, and Other Periodicals
3 weeks, 1 renewal
Videos, DVDs, Music Recordings (all formats)
1 week, with 2 renewals possible
Interlibrary Loan and Reserve Items
Varies by item
Reference and Archival Materials
Do not circulate
Archives & Special Collections
Reserve Rooms & Equipment
Schedule Library Instruction
Request a Purchase
Give to the Libraries
Ask a Librarian
Skinner Music Library
Return Library Material / Book Drop Locations
- Michener Library main desk
- Skinner Music Library main desk
- Book drop (north entrance of Michener)
- Book drop (right side of Skinner Music Library entrance)
- Book drop (north entrance of the University Center, lower level)
Please do not return records to the book drops. The Libraries are not responsible for items left outside the book drops.
Overdue & Lost Materials / Fines
Fines have been eliminated for most library materials. There are still overdue fines for Course Reserves, and a library user will be charged for replacement of any item that is significantly overdue. View the Fines & Billing page for details about fines.
You can renew your materials:
- Online through the Renew/Check Holds link in the Libraries online catalog
- By phone at 970-351-2671 (Michener) or 970-351-2439 (Skinner)
- In-person at the main desk in Michener or Skinner Libraries
Is the Item You Want Missing or Checked Out?
If an item is missing or checked out, it can be requested from another library via Prospector or Interlibrary Loan. You can also use the "Request" button in the online catalog to trace a missing item, or to place a hold on an item that is checked out. However, these options usually take longer than using Prospector or Interlibrary Loan.
Borrow from Other Libraries
Materials can also be borrowed from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan, Prospector, or the High Plains Library District.
Suggest a Purchase
University Libraries at the University of Northern Colorado welcomes purchase requests from people with an association with UNC. Please complete the purchase request form.