Microsoft OneDrive is a way to store files in the cloud and share them with others for collaboration. Each user at UNC (faculty/staff/students) has access to 500GB of cloud storage via OneDrive as part of UNC's Microsoft Campus Agreement.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data stored on OneDrive must be encrypted with Azure RMS (Rights Management Service). This includes but is not limited to Social Security Numbers, Names, and Bear Numbers.
The following knowledge base articles are available on our Support Portal. Login with your UNC email address and password and in the keyword search enter "onedrive" and you will find them listed under Knowledge Base.
- Accessing OneDrive in Office 365
- Accessing OneDrive on Android Devices
- Accessing OneDrive on Apple Devices
- Backing up files with OneDrive's Auto Save
- Creating New Documents in OneDrive
- Migrating from Box.com to OneDrive
- Migrating from Network Drives to OneDrive
- Migrating to OneDrive with the SharePoint Migration Tool
- Sharing Documents via OneDrive
- Sharing files in OneDrive with Non-UNC Users
- Syncing OneDrive on a Mac
- Syncing OneDrive on a Windows PC
- Uploading Files to OneDrive in Office 365
- Viewing Document Version History in OneDrive
If you would like to provide feedback about OneDrive, please send an email to OneDriveFeedback@unco.edu.
More information about restrictions and limitations for OneDrive can be found on Microsoft's support website.