Finding Grant Funding
Successful grant-seekers know that in addition to submitting a quality proposal, it is important to apply to a funding agency program that is a good match for the proposed project. Identifying sponsors that are interested in the general topic area of your work is essential, but you will also want to know that potential sponsors:
- Have identified a specific need or problem that your project will address
- Support the type of project you are proposing — research, program, service, instruction or training, etc.
- Make awards to public universities in Colorado
- Support projects in the geographic area where your project will be conducted
- Typically make awards within the size range you are proposing
Please direct requests for assistance with identifying external funding opportunities to the Director of Research and Sponsored Programs, Chris Saxton. It would be helpful to complete and attach the UNC PI Information Sheet to your email.
Additional External Funding Resources
AASCU's Grant Resource Center (GRC), the Colorado Grants Guide-CRC America, the Foundation Center and Grants.gov are available to you on-line. The National Science Foudation and the National Insitutes of Health also have funding databases.
Funding Opportunity Notifications
Receive automated email notices of funding opportunities from a variety of sources.
Discover grant and funding information at federal funding agencies.
- Fairness in Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Collaboration with Amazon (NSF)
- Special Research Grants Program: Aquaculture Research (USDA NIFA)
- Accelerated Research in Quantum Computing (DOE SC)
- Water Power, Wind Energy, and Solar Energy Technologies Research (DOE)
- Broadening Participation in Engineering (NSF)
- Gerber Foundation Accepting Applications for Research Awards
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Invites Applications for Research Grants
- Finding Grant Funding Home
- Funding Databases
- Funding Opportunity Notifications
- Federal Funding
- List of Federal Funding Websites
- Internal Funding for Faculty
- Internal Funding for Students
Carter Hall 2008
8 a.m.–5 p.m. Mountain time