Cost of Attendance
Estimated Annual Cost of Attendance for International Students 2022-2023
Tuition and fees are set by the UNC Board of Trustees each June. To find out more about these costs for international undergraduate and international graduate students, please visit the University of Northern Colorado Costs webpage.
The U.S. Government requires we verify students have necessary financial support before they may receive an immigration document from the University of Northern Colorado.
For the Intensive English Program (IEP) costs, please the Admission to the IEP webpage and the IEP Estimated Tuition and Fees webpage.
Please note that the actual amount you will pay will vary based on the number of credit hours you enroll in, your choice of housing and meal plan, as well as your personal expenses. If you would like to get a more personalized estimate for your cost of attendance please use the undergraduate tuition estimator or graduate tuition estimator.
You will need to provide additional proof of funding if your dependents (spouse and/or children) are going to come to the U.S. with you. First dependent: $6,000, each additional dependent: $5,000.
Scholarships and Assistantships
- First-Year and Transfer Admission-Based non-resident scholarships — for students who have completed at least three years of high school in the U.S. or earned at least 13 transferable credit hours in the U.S. who are working on their first bachelor’s degree. A separate application is not needed.
- UNC Universal Scholarship Application — students may apply through Ursa after they have been admitted to UNC.
- UNC International Institutional Scholarships — students may apply through the Center for International Education after they have been admitted to UNC.
- Academic departments may offer scholarships; please check with them directly to learn more about departmental scholarship opportunities.
- Graduate and teaching assistantships are available on a competitive basis to international graduate students. Check with your department for these opportunities.
- Administrative graduate assistantships may be available at various administrative offices across campus.
- UNC Universal Scholarship Application - students may apply through Ursa after they have been admitted to UNC. Graduate Scholarships range from $250 to $3,000.
There are also external scholarship and financial aid programs for international students.