Proud to call it home
Finding your Place Here
Greeley and UNC are places where you don’t have to fit a certain mold to fit in. Our
hometown is an authentic, accepting and down-to-earth place where you’ll find a city
vibe with a small-town feel – a creative hub between the mountains and Colorado’s
Greeley: It’s our hometown, and we can’t wait for you to call it home, too.
Top 8 Things to do in Greeley
- Grow in one of the fastest-growing locations in the country, Greeley ranks #1 in Colorado and #4 in the nation, according to 2020 census data. Greeley is the place to be!
- Enjoy dozens of restaurants and eateries ranging in cuisine from Mexican to African, with local favorites such as an authentic French bakery right next to campus and a pizza place that’s served Bears for more than 30 years.
- Experience eight award-winning microbreweries, two distilleries and several artisan coffeehouses. Explore them all and find your favorite.
- Discover a Creative District that draws artists, events and performers for hundreds of performances annually – and has close ties to UNC, helping our students find a creative home too.
- Skate or spectate at the Greeley Ice Haus. This ice rink is a short walk from campus for lessons and skate time, and it’s and a great place to watch the Bears play. hockey.
- Explore more than 300 acres of neighborhood parks at 40-plus locations and a 21-mile Poudre Trail gives you plenty of space to bike, run or walk along the Cache la Poudre River.
- Unleash your creativity with shows at The Kress Cinema & Lounge, special behind-the-scenes tours with the Museum at Twilight series and more
- Check out Denver’s world-class nightlife, arts scene and culture, including the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre and Denver International Airport, all within an hour or two drive from Greeley.
"What drew me to UNC was the small-town feeling, and it was an easy area to navigate. UNC’s downtown is about a five-minute walk, making it accessible when you want to take a break from campus or find a new hangout with friends."
Sophie Barker, '22, Business Administration, Finance concentration
Hometown Hot Spots
Our hometown is growing—its the fastest-growing town in Colorado and 4th fastest in the nation! If it’s been a while since you’ve been to Greeley, you may not know about some of our town’s hidden gems, including a vibrant downtown, family-friendly activities, art and a growing number of breweries and distilleries.
Alumnus Dakota Perez, '22, Business Administration, Marketing concentration shares some ideas to get you started.