Identity Based Resources
- Employment Discrimination
Colorado law prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation (CO's legal definition of sexual orientation for this law includes gender identity), age, disability, marriage to a co-worker, and prohibits retaliation for engaging in a civil rights-protected activity.
Federal law prohibits an employer to discriminate based on race, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), and disability or genetic information.
- Gender and Sexuality Resources
- UNC's Your Queer Career Handout
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index: the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies and practices related to LGBT employees
- Lambda Legal - search state laws and LGBT protections
- OUT Boulder Transgender Employment Resources
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals, Inc.
- Coming Out at Work, Human Rights Campaign
- Common Work Related Questions, Northeastern University Career Development
- People with Disabilities Career Resources
- Veteran Resources
Military One Source
- TAP was established to meet the needs of separating service members during their period of transition into civilian life by offering job-search assistance and related services.
- Offers a variety of tools to assist with resumes, cover letters, and job searching for veterans
Carer and Hob Information from the U.S. Department of Labor on O*Net
Career One Stop Military to Civilian Occupation Translator
- This tool assists service members with matching military skills and experience to civilian occupations
- UNC Cultural Centers and Advocacy Offices
- Asian Pacific American Student Services (APASS)
- Center for Human Enrichment (CHE) (for first-generation college students)
- César Chavez Cultural Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Gender & Sexuality Resource Center
- Marcus Garvey Cultural Center
- Native American Student Services
- Stryker Institute for Leadership Development
- Center for Women's and Gender Equity
- DREAMer Resources
Students with undocumented status face a unique set of challenges in their career journeys. UNC Center for Career Readiness is here to offer individualized career support to all students, regardless of immigration status.